Our breast oncology nurse navigator works directly with breast surgeon, Nicole Figueredo, MD. The nurse navigator guides the breast patient with a breast abnormality through provided and referred services.
The patient navigation process includes care coordination throughout the continuum of care. Examples of patient navigation include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Provide breast health and breast cancer education
- Connect patients and family members to local, state and regional agencies
- Coordinate referrals to support services and specialists
- Serve as a main point of contact for patients, family members and physicians
- Ensuring seamless and timeliness of care
- Community outreach and education
- Provide pre- and post-operative classes
Genetic counseling, testing and imaging is provided through AdventHealth Wesley Chapel’s high-risk clinic by breast surgeon Nicole Figueredo, MD.